"We have a wedding to plan and much less time than we thought we had. But we booked a place, and set a date, and now we need to come up with the frugal details, and that's where this blog comes in."
Our registry can be found at Target.com, and Sears.com when you search for us in the registry, look up Ellie Sallee, or Kyle Gerlach.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Who needs flowers, when you have feathers?

Who needs a few thousand dollars worth of flowers?

FEATHERS are much cheaper. When combined with  a few bouquets, they can be quite striking.

100 peacock feathers can be found on ebay for $10


                I love this for fall, combine the feathers with pine cones, and the pin cones look like flowers and the feathers are the colorful leaves. This is pure brilliance. 
 

If I had a little more money and time I would totally do this for my female favors, 


Also, if your guests don't own anything vintage for your wedding, get them some feathers, and a color palette, and show them how a little feather can take a look back in time, but not in style.

Do not pay $20 for this pen. Please just buy the feather and some cheap pens, and a white craft fabric tape. $20 for a pen is an insult. 

Goose feathers! (Don't pay more for swan feathers, they look exactly the same.) then go call them swan feathers of course because it sounds more romantic. 
stain, paint, dip, sparkle, or add a variety for a more personalized version of this look






No one will know that you printed your own invitations if you add a feather.




I was looking for affordable flowers when I came across this image that my friend had shown me a while back, 
the source is dead, and leads to a post on a facebook album in a foreign language. 
So I naturally went to Etsy to see other similar creations, hoping to save money ideally, however I couldn't have been more wrong in this thought. 
Apparently these little beauties, even the simplest paper flowers are radically more expensive than a flower bouquet. I could not believe my mind. I think people automatically jack up the price if the word "wedding" can be used in combination with decor. How much do you wanna bet that if my feather bouquets get popular, the price of feathers with triple? yards of fabric at the fabric shop are already much cheaper than burlap, and burlap was a cheap alternative at one point. 
SO my most impact-ful piece of advice at the moment is to find things that are off beat and not currently in style. Find out what basic materials are cheap right now, like feather or pine cones, and design around those elements. 




No comments:

Post a Comment